Meet the new darling of my kitchen, orange blossom water.
I have the Recipe Redux to thank and the June theme, Floral Flavors:
- 2 cups strawberries, cleaned, hulled and cut into quarters
- 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons orange blossom infused water
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flakes
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted dry toasted sliced almonds
- 1.Place strawberries in a pie plate. Sprinkle with sugar and orange blossom water. Allow to sit.
- 2. Rinse and drain quinoa. Place quinoa, water and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and grain appears soft and translucent and the germ ring is visible along the outside edge of the grain. Remove from heat and allow to cool about 20 minutes.
- 3. Add quinoa to strawberry mixture. Add coconut flakes and almonds and gently toss to combine.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 584kcal Calories from fat 178|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 20g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 15g||60%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|