This salad highlights the knockout flavor combo of kale and citrus with a honey mustard vinaigrette. Disclosure: I received a Produce Box , as mentioned in this post, free of charge. I was not asked to write a review or post a recipe. I was not compensated for my time. Opinions are my own.
Are there any flavor combinations you especially savor? March is National Nutrition Month® , and we’re reminded to ..
IMHO kale and citrus are the bomb! When I received this box on my doorstep from the Produce BoxI knew a kale and citrus salad was in my future. I recently made this Kale and Citrus Salad, but decided to try out Laura’s recipe (included in with my local goodies). Here is the result and I ‘m savoring the flavor…
If you live in North Carolina and aren’t already enjoying fresh, local produce delivered to your doorstep, be sure to sign up here.
What flavors are you savoring?Print
TPB Kale and Citrus Salad
This salad highlights the knockout flavor combo of kale and citrus with a honey mustard vinaigrette.
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed, cleaned and chopped
- 2 oranges/tangerines/tangelos/grapefruits/etc., peeled and sectioned
- 1 small red onion, thinnly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine kale, oranges, and onion in large serving bowl.
2. Whisk together vinegar, mustard and honey in a small bowl and slowly whisk in olive oil.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper and pour over kale salad. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.