Crispy kale chips made even better with a dusting of cheddar.
Disclosure: I received a free delivery from the Produce Box, that is mentioned in this post. I am also member of the Cabot Cheese Board, and receive periodic free shipments of the World’s best cheddar, that is mentioned in this post. I was not expected to write a review for either The Produce Box or Cabot Creamery. I was not compensated for my time. Opinions are my own.
Call me a laggard. Kale peaked in popularity back in 2014. Americans have now fallen out of love with kale… before I even once posted on the vegetable. Geez!
This is why getting a produce box is helpful. In case you too need some help getting out of your comfort zone and getting a chance to taste produce that you might not ordinarily try. This week, Robyn, the area manager for the Produce Box, brought me a gorgeous Sprout Box…
and a few extras…
Do you see that kale in there? When I first spotted it, I saw kale chips in my families future.
I quickly remembered my husband’s motto,
Make anything, just make sure it tastes good!
No pressure here! So I decided on a chip ( you cannot go wrong). And of course, everything is better with cheddar!
I’m in love; and I predict you’ll fall back in love with kale when you add some cheddar!
Kale Chips with Cheddar
Crispy Kale Chips with Cheddar
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and stems removed
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- fresh lemon juice
- Himalayan salt
- Cabot's Cheddar Shake! Powdered Premium Cheddar Cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2. Use paper towels to pat dry kale leaves.
- 3. In a bowl add 6 kale leaves. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 minced garlic clove, the juice of half a fresh lemon. Use your hands to massage into kale.
- 3. Repeat above procedure until you have used all kale.
- 4. Place kale on baking sheets (do no not over crowd.) Sprinkle kale with Himalayan salt.
- 5. Place in oven and bake for about 12 minutes.
- 6. Remove from oven when crispy. Serve chips on a platter after dusting with cheddar shake.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 15kcal Calories from fat 5|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|