Disclosure: By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the California Raisin Marketing Board and I am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
for the granola
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 Tablespoons Red Quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup golden California raisins
for the baked Chèvre Log
- One 6 ounce Chèvre cheese log
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup granola (recipe above)
- 1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2. In a medium bowl combine oats, quinoa, pine nuts, fennel seed, sea salt, and honey. Stir.
- 3. In a small bowl whisk together egg white and oil. Add to oat mixture. Stir well to combine.
- 4. Spread mixture in a thin layer onto a nonstick foil lined baking sheet.
- 5. Bake, stirring every 10 minutes until golden (about 20-25 minutes).
- 6. Cool. Add golden raisins. Mix to combine. Use right away or store in an air tight container.
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- 2. Place 1/2 cup granola in a shallow dish. Roll the cheese log in the granola, using your fingers to gently press the nuts, grains and raisins into the cheese.
- 3. Place cheese log into a small, rectangular baking dish. Drizzle with honey.
- 5. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve immediately with crackers, pita chips or bread. Serves 12.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 142kcal Calories from fat 70|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 8g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|