Pasta Salad Nicoise
for the dressing
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- freshly ground pepper to taste
for the salad
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 2 cups uncooked farfelline (mini bow tie pasta)
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinnly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 12 oz. can water packed tuna, drained
- 5 pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 1. Steam frozen green beans according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Add 2-3 quarts of water and a pinch of salt to a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Add pasta to boiling water, stirring gently.
- 4. Cover pot with lid until water begins to boil again, then remove lid. Stir pasta frequently. Cook according to package directions, mini bow tie pasta may take only 6 minutes to cook til ‘al dente’ or firm to the bite.
- 5. Once pasta reaches al dente, drain and run under cold water to stop from further cooking.
- 6. Add pasta, tuna, green beans, celery, onion, tomatoes, olives and basil to a large bowl or platter.
- 7. Stir dressing to combine ingredients and pour over pasta, tuna and vegetables. Toss well.
- 8. Garnish with fresh basil.
- 9. Serve immediately or refrigerate to enjoy later. (Will keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.)
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 443kcal Calories from fat 148|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|