Cabot Cheddar Cracker Cut slices paired with a berry coulis makes a great appetizer with or without the cracker or an amazing topping for a grilled chicken breast.
Disclosure: I received free samples of Cabot Cheddar Cracker Cut Slices as mentioned in this post. I was not expected to write this review nor was I compensated for my time. Opinions are my own,
Summer should be easy. ..as in air dried hair, bare feet, and cut offs. Summer meals should match the carefree spirit we embrace this season. I’m happy to share that the good folks at Cabot agree and are making summer effortless with their award winning cheese in packages of 26 cracker cut slices. No slicing required! So open a package and make an appetizer with or without the cracker! Here’s my first attempt … Cabot Vermont Seriously Sharp Cheddar paired with my berry coulis and topped with a sprig of cinnamon basil..
I also used 2 of these Cabot cracker cuts on my latest grilled entree that combines fresh cinnamon basil, berries and cheddar over grilled chicken. What’s not to love about this?
Grilled Chicken with Cheddar and Berry Coulis
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cracker Cut Slices
- 4 tablespoons berry coulis
- cinnamon basil for garnish
- 1. Place each chicken breast between sheets of wax paper and pound to 1/2 inch thickness with a mallet or rolling pin
- 2. Combine lemon juice , olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place chicken breasts in a zip lock plastic bag. Add juice mixture to bag. Seal bag and turn to coat chicken evenly. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 3. Heat grill. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Cook about 5 minutes per side or until done, adding 2 cheddar cheese slices to each breast during the last few minutes of grilling.
- 4.When cheese is melted, remove chicken from grill and top with berry coulis and cinnamon basil.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 340kcal Calories from fat 147|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|