A twist to cranberry sauce with less sugar and more spice.
• 1 cup water
• 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup Truvia Nectar
• 12 ounces fresh cranberries
• 1 jalapena pepper, chopped
• 2 tablespoons semi-dried cilantro, plus more for garnish
• 1/4 teaspoon cumin
• green onion, sliced
• juice of one half lime
• Combine water , sugar and Truvia Nectar sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
• Add cranberries and return to a boil. Gently boil for 10 minutes without stirring . Pour into a glass mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients.
• Cool at room temperature. Serve or refrigerate for later.
Best served at room temperature. One serving = 2 tablespoons. If using sugar soley to sweeten, use one cup sugar and omit the Truvia Nectar.;