The convenience and versatility of Libby’s® Sweet Peas makes them the star in this easy to make side that goes as well with meat and chicken as it does with fish and plant proteins.
Disclosure: I received free samples of Libby’s® Fruits & Vegetables mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Libby’s® Fruits & Vegetables and I am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
What’s old is new again. It holds true for clothing, furniture and now even food! Today’s hippest food dates all the way back to 1886 when Libby’s® Fruits and Vegetables first began delivering high quality, wholesome products to kitchens. Now more more than ever, consumers want convenience and versatility; Libby’s® canned fruits and vegetables deliver both and are helping busy families get fast, nutritious meals on the table without sacrificing flavor. No wonder it’s on-trend.
Add in pine nuts, fresh basil, and taste of lemon. (I know I’m making you hungry.) The result is a wholesome plant based side with a garden fresh taste made in under 30 minutes! On the day I prepared this, I served it warm along with grilled kebabs (chicken and tempeh). The following day I served it cold (picnic style) with an accompanying sandwich. Roasted Cauliflower Rice with Sweet Peas is a satisfying side that helps fill you up with a generous amount of fiber (6 grams to be exact). It also packs in a healthy dose of vitamin C (60% the daily value based on a 2000 calorie diet). Let Libby’s® Fruits and Vegetables be your ticket to getting nutritious and delicious foods to your contemporary table fast. For more information on all of Libby’s® Fruits & Vegetable products be sure to visit www.getbacktothetable.
Roasted Cauliflower Rice with Sweet Peas
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 10 ounces (about 2 1/4 cups) riced cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 15 ounce can Libby’s® Sweet Peas, drained
- 1/4 cup toasted Pine nuts
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Toss the riced cauliflower with canola oil, salt and pepper. Spread out on a baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes, stirring once or twice until golden brown. Allow to cool .
3. Just before serving, transfer cauliflower to a serving bowl and add the Libby’s Sweet Peas, pine nuts, fresh basil and lemon juice. Gently toss together and serve immediately.