Pack in 21 grams of high quality protein with only 250 calories in this turkey taco stuffed spaghetti squash.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut each spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds, discard. Place squash halves cut sides up on baking sheet. Bake for 50 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Using a fork, scrape inside of squash to remove spaghetti like strands. Place strands in on a clean dish bowl and squeeze out liquid until barely moist. Add olive oil, salt and 4 ounces cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add turkey to pan. Cook stirring to crumble and until browned. Remove any liquid. Add chili powder, cumin, and salsa. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
4. Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
5. Spoon turkey /salsa mixture evenly into the bottom of each squash half. Top evenly with squash/cheese mixture. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes.
6. Top squash with remaining cheddar cheese. Place under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to stand 10 minutes. Serve with diced tomato and shredded lettuce.