Boosting protein at breakfast can be as easy as adding two scrambled egg whites to a delicious and trendy plant-based bowl.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1. Heat one teaspoon of oil in a saucepan. Add onion and cook over medium -low heat until soft, about 3 minutes.
2. Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add smoked paprika. Stir and cook 1 more minute. Add rinsed quinoa and stir to combine.
3. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the cubed avocado with lime juice and a pinch of salt. Mix and gently set aside.
5. Place egg whites to a microwave safe bowl, and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Continue to microwave about 30 seconds longer or until egg whites are set.
6. In a separate saute pan, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add halved tomatoes. Cook over medium heat until tomatoes soften and the skins begin to wrinkle, about 2 minutes.
7.Add quinoa and cooked egg whites to sauted tomatoes. Stir to combine. Spoon into serving bowls.
8. Top each bowl with cube avocado. Sprinkle with fresh oregano.