Win over your guests with Strawberry Kiwi Pie; it’s the dessert that adds color to your table, is light yet nutrient rich, and has a sweet tropical taste.
for the pie crust
for the pie filling
For the Pie Crust
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2 . Combine cooked quinoa, egg and coconut in a bowl. Stir well to combine.
3. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
for the filling
1. Peel one kiwi and slice into rounds. Arrange on the cooled baked shell. Add in 6 strawberry halves.
2. Puree two cups of strawberries in a blender or food processor. Stir in sugar. Add in fresh lime juice.
3. Add cornstarch to cold water and stir until well blended.
4. Add cornstach mixture to pureed berries in a microwave safe bowl. Heat gently until mixture begins to thicken. (Time will vary depending on microwave.) Start by heating for one minute, then stir mixture. Heat for a second minute. Stir. (It took mine 5 minutes to reach thick consistency.)
5. Pour pureed fruit into the pie shell, over kiwi slices and strawberry halves.
6. Peel and slice second kiwi, arranging slices on top of pie. Refrigerate until chilled. Top with shredded coconut flakes and lime zest.