North Carolina grown watermelon tastes delicious paired with salty feta cheese and fresh basil. Thread all 3 ingredients onto a wooden skewer for a quick and healthy appetizer.
1. Place melon on a cutting board and using a chef’s knife, cut melon in half.
2. Working with one half of the melon at a time, place watermelon on cutting board cut side down. Trim away the rind with a chef’s knife.
3. Cut the watermelon into 1 inch thick slices.
4. Put out circles with buscuit cutter.
5. Alternate watermelon, feta cheese and basil on each skewer. Refrigerate until ready to serve.