Walnuts are the perfect complement to this Thai inspired barbeque bowl that’s a mix of brown rice, roasted red peppers, BBQ chicken, arugula, garbonzo beans and drizzled with a warm sweet and sour sauce.
for the marinade
for the dipping sauce
1.Combine all ingredients for marinade in bowl and stir well to dissole the sugar.
2. Add chicken and red pepper slices. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours.
3. Make diping sauce by adding all ingredients into a sauce pan. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and keep on a gentle boil. When sauce is reduced to 1/3,remove from heat. The sauce will thicken with time. You can make this ahead of time, but add a little water when you reheat.
4. Brush grill grates with oil or spray with cooking spray.
5. Place chicken and red peppers on grill grate and grill on medium heat , turning oaccasionally. Remove when chicken is fully cooked and peppers are charred.
5. In 4 serving bowls, layer brown rice, arugula, roasted red peppers, garbonzo beans, grilled chicken, and walnuts. Drizzle with warm sweet and sour sauce.