This thick red turkey chili is full of flavor and is the perfect accompaniment to pasta topped with cheddar!
1. In a large pot over medium high heat, add 1 teaspoon oil. Add turkey and cook breaking it up, until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
2. Sprinkle turkey with soy sauce and smoked paprika. Mix until combined. Continue to cook until moisture is gone, about 3 minutes. Remove turkey from pot and set aside.
3. Add remaining oil to the pot over medium heat and add onion, carrot, celery, and red pepper. Cook until tender. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds more.
4. Increase heat to high and add beer to deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom to loosen any stuck bits. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Return turkey to pan along with beans, tomato sauce, crushed tomato, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cocoa powder. simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
6. Serve by spooning chili over pasta. Top with cheddar and garnish with scallions.