Macaroni and cheese made healthier with the addition of zucchini, and butternut squash.
1.preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine squash , broth, and milk in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium -high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until squash is tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Add salt and pepper. Use an immersion blender to puree squash mixture or add hot squash mixute to a blender, securing blender lid on blender and removing center piece of lid to allow steam to escape. Place a clean towel over opening to avoid splatters. Blend until smooth. Place blended squash in a bowl ; stir in White Oak Cheddar.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well . Add pasta and zucchini to cheese mixture. Spread mixture evenly into a 13 x 9 glass baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add panko, cinnamon and nutmeg and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat. Sprinkle over hot pasta. Lightly coat topping with cooking spray.
5. Bake for 25 min at 375 degrees or until bubbly. Spinkle with parsley and serve immediately.