It’s a celebration and we’re playing a party game to commemorate the 42nd month of the Recipe Redux. Cheers! So here’s how the game works. Grab the nearest cookbook and redux the recipe on page 42 or 142.
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1. In a medium saucepan, toast quinoa over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until quinoa is fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer quinoa to bowl and set aside.
- 2. In same saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onion and sea salt; cook stirring frequently, until onion is soft and golden light in color, 5-7 mintutes.
- 3. Increase heat to medium-high and stir in water and quinoa. Bring to simmer, cover, reduce heat to low. Simmer until grains are just tender and liquid is absorbed, 18-20 minutes, stirring halfway throught cooking.
- 4. Remove pan from heat. Add dried cranberries. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff quinoa with fork. Stir in parsely, sliced scallions, lemon juice, and pistachios. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve cold.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 287kcal Calories from fat 101|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|