Recipe for grilling fish on a cedar plank for a smokey flavor.
1. Soak the wooden grilling plank in water for 2 hours prior to putting it on the grill.
2. in a small bowl combine butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
3. Place the Wahoo steaks in a zip lock plastic bag and pour marinade over top. Allow to marinate 20-30 minutes.
4. Light gas grill and allow to get hot (about 400 degrees F).
5. Brush wooden plank with canola oil and set wahoo steaks on top.
6. Place the planked wahoo on the grilling grate, and cook with the grill covered, until the fish surface begins to turn white. (Approximately 30 minutes for 1 inch thick fish steaks.)
(Note the grill time will be longer when using a plank because the fish is cooking indirectly.)
7. When the fish is done remove the entire plank and fish steaks with a pair of grilling mitts.
8. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Top with lemon slices.