It was 32 degrees when Brody and I hit the road for a run this a.m., trying to beat the weather man’s prediction of 12 – 16 inches of snow on the coast. Really? Well, we aren’t sure. Although there have been a myraid of closings and cancellations (including school) we are still dry at 4 pm.
It’s certainly colder than usual in this part of the country, but make no mistake, I AM NOT COMPLAINING! I have seen the subzero temperatures my friends are posting on fb, and yes, I know, I am blessed!
Earlier today I made a BIG pot of soup… just in case I get snowed in. In my opinion, nothing goes better with soup than a delicious salad, like the one I made today to enjoy with my soup.. while I wait for the snow. I hope you enjoy it too!
winter salad for one with cider vinaigrette
Winter Salad for one with Cider Vinaigrette
for the salad
- 2 cups of mixed greens including romaine, spring mix and baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped Granny Smith apple
- 1 Tablespoon craisins
- 2 slices Canadian bacon, chopped and sauteed
for the dressing
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Monk Fruit in the Raw
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon walnut oil
- 1/4 cup slice shallots
- Add salad greens to small bowl. Top with Canadian bacon, craisins, and chopped apple.
- Mix all ingredients, from water to salt, in a small saucepan and heat until sugar and Monk Fruit are dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in oil and shallots. Add to salad and toss.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 311kcal Calories from fat 141|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|