Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.~Albert Einstein
There are more health costs associated with obesity than any other medical condition, including smoking. That’s why it makes sense to give your employees the tools they need to manage their weight and stay healthy. Employers who invest in worksite health promotion programs see $3-$6 for every $1 invested over a 1-5 year period. Furthermore, a review of 42 research articles on worksite wellness programs revealed the following:
• 28% reduction in sick leave absenteeism
• 26% reduction in use of health care benefit
• 30% reduced workers’ comp claims and disability management
How can you get started promoting a healthy lifestyle at your workplace and give your employees the tools they need to manage their weight and stay healthy?
As a registered dietitian passionate about food and fitness I can promote good nutrition in your workplace in one of these ways:
• Develop, execute and follow through with company weight loss programs.
• Work with employees who have special nutrition needs such as people with cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
• Come onsite to your work place and hold a group program.
Let me know what the needs of your organization are, and I will be happy to assist you with reducing health care costs, increasing productivity, and boosting the overall feeling of personal well being through improved nutrition!
Some group classes include:
• Balanced Nutrition Tips
• Corporate Wellness
• Avoiding Holiday Weight Gain
• Sports Nutrition 101