Treat mom to a modern (and a much healthier) version of an old fashioned ice cream soda with this strawberry kiwi fizz.Hello May! I love you for your strawberries, warmer weather and celebrations of Mom! Today I’m sharing a recipe incorporating all of the above in one cool and refreshing beverage. It’s casual enough for serving on Saturday afternoon between bouts of yardwork, yet classy enough for sipping with Mom on the patio!
Ninety percent of the time, my beverage choice is water . I consume it throughout the day, and am a BIG fan of water flavored with cucumbers, herbs, orange or lemon slices. Lately I’ve seen some amazing recipes using pureed fruit to flavor water or tea. Taking my cue from these recipes, I’ve come up with one of my own using pureed fruit…
strawberry kiwi fizz. This jazzed up water has 90 calories per serving. Although it does have some added sugar (8 grams per serving) , it’s a far cry from the 33 grams of sugar in most 12 ounce soft drinks and there is no caramel coloring or fructose corn syrup. Take note that the Strawberry Kiwi Fizz has added benefits vitamin C! Enjoy! Happy Mother’s Day!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sparkling strawberry kiwiwater
1. In a food processor or blender process sugar until superfine. Combine with strawberries and pulse until coarsely chopped. Mix yogurt with lemon juice and pour gradually into the machine through the feed tube or top of blender. Process until smooth and creamy.
2. Using an ice cream scoop, divide strawberry frozen yogurt between four glasses. Add sparkling water. Garnish with kiwi slice .