Eat burgers and enjoy the benefits of seafood! Disclosure: I received free samples from Bumble Bee® Seafoods that are mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Bumble Bee Seafoods and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
I’ve faced my share of challenges as a mother. One of them was getting my family to eat fish. Because I ‘m a fish lover and an advocate of a diet rich in seafood, it’s easy for me to meet the recommended 8 to 12 ounces of fish per week. But for the rest of my family, not so much. Nevertheless, I have found a way to get them to meet recommendations. What’s my secret? Bumble Bee® Prime Filet® Solid White Albacore in water and Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in water.
Now admittedly, I didn’t win them over with the nutritional benefits…
• high quality protein
• free from saturated fat
• high in selenium and niacin
• source of omega-3 fatty acids
• source of vit B6 and B10
…which BTW, I can spit out faster than you can say.. no thank you. Rather, I won them over with delicious meals prepared with Bumble Bee ® canned tuna like my Salad Nicoise 2.0 and these …
The more you learn about seafood, the more you will want to enjoy it together with your family. As a matter of fact, a researcher at Harvard School of Public Health stated,
Seafood is likely the single most important food one can eat for good health.
So dare to serve some delicious meals using Bumble Bee® Tuna; it’s affordable, convenient, nutritious and delicious. Help the ones you love reap the health benefits associated with a diet rich in seafood with my recipe that’s sure to satisfy their appetites. Be sure to check out the links at the bottom of this post for more ways to make memorable meals for your family with Bumble Bee® tuna.
Grilled Tuna Burgers with Wasabi Slaw
Grilled Tuna makes a terrific burger with wasabi slaw.
- Yield: 4 burgers 1x
- 4 5oz. cans Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet Solid White Albacore in water, drained
- 1/2 to 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 4 Kaiser rolls, lightly toasted
for the slaw
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons julienne carrots
for the slaw
1. In a medium bowl, mix shredded green cabbage, sliced red onion , and julienne carrots. Set aside.
2. In a small prep bowl combine rice vinegar, canola oil, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, and wasabi paste. Stir well and pour over cabbage mixture. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to use.
for the tuna burgers
1. Preheat grill.
2. Add tuna to large prep bowl and chop very finely. Add eggs and enough bread crumbs to form patties.
3. Place patties on a perforated grill pan and set on grates of a hot grill.
4. Allow to cook until firm enough to flip without breaking. (Approximately 8-10 minutes per side, depending on thinkness of burger). Remove from grill.
5. Serve each tuna burger on a toasted Kaiser roll sandwiched between mounds of wasabi slaw.