Make a batch of soup, freeze half for an easy go to meal! I hope you’re growing younger (yes, I did say younger, and I am referring to your fit age) with tips on how to be consistent with healthier eating choices and daily exercise. For those following with the goal of reducing your fit age, it’s time to recheck with the fitness calculator.
File today’s post under, tips to save time in the kitchen along with my post 5 time saving tips for a fitter you. I wouldn’t ordinarily put a soup that takes 40 minutes to make, in the quick meal category. But here’s why I’m breaking the rule: you can freeze half of this soup so your second meal is done in minutes! It’s comfort in a bowl, and I love the results of the nutritional profile (per serving) : 240 calories, 4 grams fat, 15 grams protein, 38 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams fiber, 35% daily value Vitamin A, 15 % daily value Calcium, 50% Daily Value Vitamin C, 20% Daily Value Iron.
Keep up the good work!
Freezer Friendly Chunky Tortellini Soup
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: soup
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 16 oz slice baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 64 ounces reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 15-ounce can fired-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups cannellini bean
- 6 cups stemmed chopped kale
- 9 ounce package tortellini
- Parmesan or Pecorino cheese rind
1. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook 15 minutes or until liquid evaporates , stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in tomato paste, cook one minutes. Add stock , pepper, fire roasted tomatoes and drained cannelloni beans. Bring to. a boil.. Reduce heat , add cheese rind and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Stir in kale. Add tortellini and cheese rind and cook 7 minutes or until tortellini are done.
FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS: Follow instructions through 2. Add kale. Cool soup completely and add tortellini. Freeze flat in a large ziplock freezer bag for up to 2 months.
THAW: Microwave soup in bag at MEDIUM (50% power) for 8 minutes or until pilable.
REHEAT: Pour soup into large Dutch oven ; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add cheese rind and cook 25 minutes or until tortellini are done.
- Serving Size: 545 grams
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 8 grams
- Sodium: 1100 mg
- Fat: 4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.5 grams
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 38 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 15 grams
- Cholesterol: 15 mg