Salmon with pesto and a splash of lemon makes a terrific appetizer.
. If there’s a trend I can get behind, it’s outdoor living! I love creating spaces where I can read, enjoy a bite to eat or just chill. Now that I’ve successfully refinished the surface of an old table (#inlovewithmyminisander), I’ m ready to reveal my latest project…
My new dog friendly zone ties in with the al fresco dining part this month’s Recipe Redux theme : Small Plates for Sunny Days.
Small bites are perfect for trying many different tastes. Take tapas style eating outside for al fresco dining or a simple picnic. Or maybe you’re serving small bites at a bridal or baby shower or a graduation party. Show us your healthy take on small plates and finger foods.
Hanging out with Keeper, in his shady exterior room, I’m enjoying my delicious small bites, Grilled Salmon Skewers. (BTW, all my dogs love salmon). These little kebabs, high in protein and omega 3 fatty acids, make a dynamite combo with other finger foods or salads; I paired a couple with some tabouli, made with ingredients from my CSA (community sponsored agriculture) box. I bet there are some more great links from my Recipe Redux colleagues at the bottom of this post for recipes that will pair delightfully with my Grilled Salmon Skewer appetizers. Please let me know in the comments section what you think looks yummy!Print
Grilled Salmon Skewers
Skewer salmon with pesto and a splash of lemon for a terrific appetizer.
- Yield: 12 appetizer servings 1x
- 1 pound salmon filet, skinned
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon slices
- Thirty minutes before grilling, soak twelve 6- to 8- inch wooden skewers in water. Drain. Set aside.
2. Preheat gas grill.
3. Rinse salmon; pat dry with paper towels. Cut salmon filet in half lengthwise, then cut each piece crosswise into 6 pieces.
4. Combine pesto, lemon juice and salmon. Toss. Allow to stand 5 minutes. Tread one salmon pice onto each wooden skewer.
5. Reduce heat on grill to medium. Arrange skewers on greased grill rack. Cover. Grill for about 3 minutes then turn. Grill for 3 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.