Parchment Wrapped Chicken Caprese with Asparagus pairs well with a Casear salad for an easy weeknight meal.
Have you ever wondered what your life would be like as an empty nester? I always imagined I would spend more time cooking. Boy was I wrong. On most weekdays, I still don’t want to spend more than 30 minutes on meal prep. I love good food, and can’t stop searching for more ideas to get tasty food on the table PDQ. Today’s recipe is one of my new favorites!
Scrolling through my Facebook feed one night, a McCormick Recipe caught my attention: Stuffed Chicken Caprese. I made the recipe serveral times, but found the chicken too dry. Enter a new cooking method, en papillote or cooking in parchment paper. It made a HUGE difference. Not only was the chicken moist, but clean-up was a breeze. This low carb entree is very light, only 300 calories. ( I serve it with a Casear salad and some French bread for a heartier meal .) Make this your go to recipe for getting a delicious meal on the table lickety split.Print
Parchment Chicken Caprese with Aparagus
Parchment Chicken Caprese with Asparagus is my go to recipe when I want a delicious and equally nutritious meal on the table fast.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: entree
- Method: baking in parchment paper (en papillote)
- Cuisine: French
- 1 bunch asparagus spears
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 4 tablespoons McCormick All Purpose Seasoning (Oregano, Basil, Garlic and Sea Salt)
- 4 campari tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 2 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut four pieces of parchment paper (13 inches by 14 inches). Fold paper in half.
- Divide asparagus between 4 parchment sheets; place on the fold. Drizzle each with olive oil ; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each bunch of asparagus with a chicken cutlet. Season with all purpose seasoning.
- Add sliced tomato to the top of each cutlet and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Bring ends of parchment paper together and make small overalpping pleats all the way around to seal the edges completely. Make your last fold turn under.
- Bake for 30 mintues. Remove from oven. Open each pouch and top with mozarella cheese. Allow cheese to melt and serve immediately.
May use foil instead of parchment paper.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken cutlet
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 11 grams
- Sodium: 280 mg
- Fat: 7 grams
- Saturated Fat: 3 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 19 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 38 grams
- Cholesterol: 85 mg