Parchment Chicken Caprese with Aparagus
Parchment Chicken Caprese with Asparagus is my go to recipe when I want a delicious and equally nutritious meal on the table fast.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: entree
- Method: baking in parchment paper (en papillote)
- Cuisine: French
- 1 bunch asparagus spears
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 4 tablespoons McCormick All Purpose Seasoning (Oregano, Basil, Garlic and Sea Salt)
- 4 campari tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 2 ounces part skim mozzarella cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut four pieces of parchment paper (13 inches by 14 inches). Fold paper in half.
- Divide asparagus between 4 parchment sheets; place on the fold. Drizzle each with olive oil ; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each bunch of asparagus with a chicken cutlet. Season with all purpose seasoning.
- Add sliced tomato to the top of each cutlet and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Bring ends of parchment paper together and make small overalpping pleats all the way around to seal the edges completely. Make your last fold turn under.
- Bake for 30 mintues. Remove from oven. Open each pouch and top with mozarella cheese. Allow cheese to melt and serve immediately.
May use foil instead of parchment paper.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken cutlet
- Calories: 300
- Sugar: 11 grams
- Sodium: 280 mg
- Fat: 7 grams
- Saturated Fat: 3 grams
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 19 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 38 grams
- Cholesterol: 85 mg