Enjoy warm, sweet and spicy Chai Tea Latte Oatmeal today, without regrets tomorrow; thanks to Truvia® Natural Sweetener, keeping sugar and calories in check.
Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the #TasteTruvia campaign as a member the Healthy Aperture Network. I was compensated for my time. Opinions are my own
Another year has past. As I turn the pages of the calendar, I like to focus on the positive aspects of growing older; life has less drama, and I’ve had a great deal of practice trying to live in the moment. However, I must consider ALL aspects of aging if I am to stand any chance of doing it gracefully. Spoiler Alert: My calories needs are decreasing. Yes, it is true; it comes with maturity. I know, BUMMER. But it’s not so bad. Believe it or not, I’ve found a simple way to maintain a healthy weight by exercising daily, eating nutrient rich foods and using less sugar. If you’re thinking ,
Cutting back on sugar is rotten!
please hear me out before you click out …
Life with less sugar can be just as sweet. .
..with Truvia® Natural Sweetener. This natural, great tasting, zero-calorie sweetener is made with stevia leaf extract, the sweetest part of the stevia leaf. It sprinkles just like sugar, and one packet provides the same sweetness as two teaspoons of sugar.
I ‘ve been enjoying it in coffee, tea, yogurt and most recently in this Chai Tea Latte Oatmeal. A typical Chai Tea Latte (made by your favorite barista) is loaded with added sugar; as much as 32 grams. Not mine.. Enter #TasteTruvia. I steeped my very own Chai Tea and sweetened it with Truvia® Natural Sweetener. Then I used the strained tea as liquid to cook old fashioned oatmeal, and topped off the cereal with frothed milk and grated nutmeg. YUM! I like the convenience of making Chai Tea ahead of time and storing it in the refrigerator so it’s ready to go when I am. The entire satsifying bowl is under 150 calories. For breakfast it offers me an opportunity to improve my intake of whole grains, still keeping my sugar and calorie intake in check, even when I team it with a couple of hard boiled eggs or an egg white omelet. In the afternoon it’s a gratifying snack, holding me over until dinner.
Maybe now you’re wondering,
Who can benefit from Truvia® Natural Sweetener?
It is great for diabetics or anyone trying to reduce sugar in their diets. Using Truvia® natural sweetener as part of a routine that incorporates multiple lifestyle changes can help you realize the benefits of weight loss and/or weight maintenance by improving your ability to manage sugar intake and reduce calories as part of a balanced diet.
Let #TasteTruvia help you succeed in your efforts for a New Year, New You by adopting a lifestyle that manages sugar and calories yet allows the you the pleasure of sweetness in coffee, tea, yogurt and cereal.
Chai Tea Latte Oatmeal
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients (serves 1)
for the Chai Tea
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 cardamon seeds
- 4 black peppercorns
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 4 black tea bags
- 4 individual packet Trivia® Natural Sweetener
For a single serving of Chai Tea Latte Oatmeal
- 1 cup chai tea
- 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cups milk, frothed
- grated nutmeg (optional)
For the Chai Tea
1. Combine first 5 ingredients to a medium saucepan. Using a mallet or wooden spoon, lightly crush and bruise the spices.
2. Add 4 cups of water; bring to boil over medium-high heat.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low ; partially cover pan and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Add tea bags and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags
5. Strain chai tea through a sieve lined with cheese cloth or a paper filter. Add Truvia® natural sweetener to strained tea. Stir to combine .
For a Single Serving of Chai Tea Latte Oatmeal
1. Combine 1 cup of chai tea and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
7. Stir in 1 cup of old-fashioned oats; reduce heat and cook 5 minutes.
8. Cover; remove from heat and allow to sit 2-3 minutes.
9. Pour oatmeal into cereal bowl and top with frothed milk, and grated nutmeg as desired.