Cranberry Nut Quick Bread is a festive addition to any holiday table.Have you ever baked something for the very first time, then asked yourself, what have you been waiting for? My sentiments after baking my inaugural loaf of cranberry nut quick bread. My family must have felt the same; they polished off this loaf in less than one day!Now, 2 days before Christmas, they’re asking for another. Truth is, it’s so easy to make, anyone can pull it off at the last minute.
The original recipe was on page 54 (yes a carry over from my December Recipe Redux challenge) of the Philadelphia Orchestra Cookbook. Inspired by the Cranberry Marketing Committee ingredient suggestions for Friendsgiving, I substituted in a small portion of oat flour for some of the all-purpose flour, pistachios for the walnuts and added ginger (a relative of tumeric). The bread makes a nice last minute gift, a festive addition to Christmas Eve dinner, or Christmas dessert buffet. Oh, and it is sooo Santa Claus worthy!!!
Cranberry Nut Bread
makes one loaf
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oatflour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh minced ginger root
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh whole cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Grease and flour a 9″x5″x3″ loaf pan or a 30cm breadmould.
3. Sift dry ingredients, from flour through ginger, together in a large mixing bowl.
4. In a small bowl whisk egg and add orange juice and oil. Stir to combine.
5. Add orange juice mixture to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
6. Fold in pistachios and cranberries.
7. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into bread comes out clean.