The eggnog smoothie bowl is a delicious way to recover after a hard workout with each seving providing high quality protein important to preserve lean muscle mass (and even stimulate new muscle growth), carbohydrates necessary to get ready for tomorrow’s workout, and dose of healthy fats for cardiovascular health.
Ingredients (serves 2)
to prepare chestnuts
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
2. Using a knife, score shell of chestnut around 2/3 of the perimeter of the nut.
3. Arrange nuts in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. (The outer shell of the chestnut should open like a clam.) Peel shell along inner membrane. Use immediately or store in a air tight container.
for smoothie bowl
1. Combine chestnuts, milk, yogurt , pasteurized egg, salt and cinnamon in a high powered blender and process until smooth.
2. Pour into 2 bowls. Top with crushed ginger snaps and sprinkle with additional cinnamon.