California Ripe Olives are an essential part of the Mediterranean diet and are also a flavorful addition to traditional foods from other cuisines, like these veggie packed pizza pockets .
1. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Add olive oil to 10 inch saute pan. Heat over medium heat ; when hot add pepper, onions, and garlic. Saute until vegetables until softened, about 8 minutes.
3. Place eggplant and squash into the bottom of slow cooker. Add tomatoes, and sautéed vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Pour wine over top.
4. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours adding fresh herbs and sliced olives during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
5. Allow the dough to stand covered, at room temperature, for one hour.
6. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
7. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and sprinkled with cornmeal. Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 6-inch round on a lightly floured surface. Top each round with 2 -3 Tablespoons ratatouille, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Top rounds evenly with cheese; fold dough over, and crimp edges with a fork to seal.
8. Arrange calzones on prepared baking sheets. Brush tops with olive oil. Bake at 450 degrees F for 25 minutes. Serve each calzone with additional ratatouille and fresh basil.
Tip: To reheat calzones stored in the refrigerator, microwave in one minute-bursts on high, until heated through (2-3 minutes total) or in the oven/toaster oven at 300 degrees F until heated through.