This charming rustic tart combines fresh figs baked on top of a buttery, crisp crust and served with Monterey Jack cheese.
1. Prepare pie crust according to directions on box. Divide dough into 2 separate pieces, equal in size. Refrigerate 30 minutes before rolling out.
2. Place figs in a shallow bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice and sugar. Gently toss to combine.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
4. Place each ball of refrigerated dough on platic wrap and roll into a 12 inch free form circle.
5. Spoon figs onto each circle of dough leaving a 2-inch border. Fold edges of dough over filling to partially cover.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until fruit juices bubble and crust is brown. Remove from oven. Allow to cool 5 to 10 minutes. Top with cheese. Cut each tart into 10 wedges and serve immediately.