Grilled Beef and Fig Kabob Salad with Merlot Vinaigrette
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before putting on grill.
2. Combine wine, balsamic vinegar, honey and thyme in a small sauce pan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 15 minutes). Discard thyme.
3. Preheat grill.
4. Thread 6 beef cubes alternating with basil leaves onto each of 4 (8 inch) wooden skewers.
5. Thread 6 fig halves onto each of 4 (8 inch) skewers, cut sides facing the same direction. Coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with Himalyan salt.
6. Place skewered beef and basil onto grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill a total of about 12 minutes, turning to brown all sides. Brush beef with half of wine mixture during final minute of cooking.
7. Place fig skewers on grill, cut side down. Grill 3 minutes; turn over and grill one additional minute.
8. Divide arugula between 4 plates. Top with skewers of grilled beef and figs. Drizzle with remaining Merlot vinaigrette. Finish with grated cheese and garnish with additional thyme.