Crispy kale chips made even better with a dusting of cheddar.
Disclosure: I received a free delivery from the Produce Box, that is mentioned in this post. I am also member of the Cabot Cheese Board, and receive periodic free shipments of the World’s best cheddar, that is mentioned in this post. I was not expected to write a review for either The Produce Box or Cabot Creamery. I was not compensated for my time. Opinions are my own.
Call me a laggard. Kale peaked in popularity back in 2014. Americans have now fallen out of love with kale… before I even once posted on the vegetable. Geez!
This is why getting a produce box is helpful. In case you too need some help getting out of your comfort zone and getting a chance to taste produce that you might not ordinarily try. This week, Robyn, the area manager for the Produce Box, brought me a gorgeous Sprout Box…
and a few extras…
Do you see that kale in there? When I first spotted it, I saw kale chips in my families future.
I quickly remembered my husband’s motto,
Make anything, just make sure it tastes good!
No pressure here! So I decided on a chip ( you cannot go wrong). And of course, everything is better with cheddar!
I’m in love; and I predict you’ll fall back in love with kale when you add some cheddar!
Kale Chips with Cheddar
Ingredients (6-8 servings)
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and stems removed
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- fresh lemon juice
- Himalayan salt
- Cabot’s Cheddar Shake! Powdered Premium Cheddar Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Use paper towels to pat dry kale leaves.
3. In a bowl add 6 kale leaves. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 minced garlic clove, the juice of half a fresh lemon. Use your hands to massage into kale.
3. Repeat above procedure until you have used all kale.
4. Place kale on baking sheets (do no not over crowd.) Sprinkle kale with Himalayan salt.
5. Place in oven and bake for about 12 minutes.
6. Remove from oven when crispy. Serve chips on a platter after dusting with cheddar shake.