This savory, Dutch pancake is a delicious way to add protein to breakfast!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Chop scallion whites. Add melted butter and chopped scallion whites to a 10 inche cast iron skillet. Place in oven and heat until very hot. Swirl skillet around to evenly coat bottom and sides of skillet.
2. Meanwhile, slice scallion greens into long slivers and place them into a bowl filled with cold water. (They should curl up and be prefect for garnishing your Dutch baby when it is finished.)
3. In a blender, combine eggs, milk, flour, salt and smoked paprika.
4. Remove hot skillet from oven. Pour in batter. Top with half of cheese and return to oven for 25-30 minutes.
5. In a small fry pan, sautee Canadian bacon.
6. Remove Dutch pancake from oven when edges are crispy and center is fluffy.
7. Dry off scallion greens. Top Dutch baby with remaining shredded cheese, sauteed Canadian bacon and curled scallion greens. Serve immediately.