A budget friendly, simple prep, gourmet meal made with American lamb in the slow cooker.
1. Season lamb with salt, pepper and coriander. Insert garlic clove halves into roast. Place in the bottom of a seven quart slow-cooker.
2. In a sauce pan, add red wine, dried cherries, and dried apricots and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat until the wine is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the beef broth and bring to a boil.
3.Pour red wine sauce over the top of lamb. Place lid on the slow-cooker and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
4. When the lamb is tender, remove from slow cooker. Allow to cool. Discard garlic. Remove meat from bone and place it into a soup tureen or pretty ceramic dish of your choice. Set aside.
5. Pour the liquid left in the slow cooker into a saucepan, add fresh thyme and bring to a simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes to intensify the flavors. Discard thyme.
6. Pour the wine sauce over lamb and garnish with fresh thyme.
Serve with steamed couscous.