for tomato sauce
for cream sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
for the tomato sauce
2. In a 12 inch cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, fennel and paprika and cook while stirring, about one minute or until fragrant.
3. Add tomatoes and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to thicken, about 5-7 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper. With the back of a spoon create 4 pockets in the tomato sauce.
for the pasta
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add spaghetti and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
4. Drain the pasta and place in a large bowl. Add spinach, cheese, oil and salt. Toss well until spinach is wilted. Set aside.
for the cream sauce
5. Beat Parmesan cheese, milk , salt and egg together in a medium bowl until smooth. Pour sauce over the spaghetti mixture and toss to combine.
6. Twirl 1/2 cupful of the spaghetti mixture around tongs or a large fork to form a pasta nest.
7. Transfer pasta nest to skillet with tomato sauce (in pocket created).
8. Repeat making 3 more pasta nests and placing in tomato sauce.
9. Add one whole egg to each pasta nest and transfer skillet to the oven. Bake until the egg whites are set and the yolks still runny, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.