BBQ Teriyaki meatballs are a delicious appetizer that incorporates mushrooms for a portion of a higher calorie meat.
for the Teriyaki BBQ sauce
for the bbq teriyaki sauce
Place all ingredients in bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
for the meatballs
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet. Add green onions and cremini mushrooms. Sautee 3 to 5 minutes until tender.
2. In a large bowl combine ground turkey, sauteed mushroom and onion mixture, and egg.
3. Roll turkey/mushroom mixture into one inch meatballs.
4. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and cook meatballs over medium high heat until brown. Drain on plate covered with a paper towel.
5.Place meatballs in the bottom of a slow cooker and pour teriyaki bbq sauce over the top.
6. Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring once after one hour.